Senior Quantitative Risk Modeller
Quantitative Analysis, Risk
Job Reference #
Are you adept at risk matters and familiar with quantitative modelling? Are you interested in Statistical Risk Modeling? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
– develop methodologies to assess risks for UBS Group and different legal entities around the globe from a statistical perspective
– answer methodological questions raised by regulators
– analyze diverse portfolio data and risks under various simulated scenarios and build models which are able to predict a statistical risk distribution.
– interact on a regular basis with Senior Management on enquiries related to UBS' statistical risk aggregation framework.
You’ll be working in the Credit & Market Statistical Risk Aggregation Methodology team in Krakow, Poland. Our role is to develop, maintain, and apply UBS’ market and credit portfolio model for assessing the impact of simulated risk scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures the entire lifecycle of the models, from business knowledge to data gathering and from modeling to risk analysis for portfolio and businesses that are spread around the world.
– a Master's or PhD degree in applied quantitative discipline (e.g. Econometrics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance)
– at least 3 to 5 years' experience in quantitative modelling with proven knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their applications. Experience in credit economic capital modeling or other areas of risk methodology preferred.
– familiarity with regulatory guidance related to Pillar 2 credit models and ICAAP processes as well as accounting standards is a plus
– good knowledge across a large variety of credit products offered in IB (e.g. traded products) and WM (e.g. mortgages and loan products);
– CFA is a plus
– experience in handling large datasets and knowledge about databases such as Oracle (Hadoop is a plus)
– organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
– ability to respond quickly to ad-hoc management requests
– an expert usage of the R and SQL
– fluency in English, additional languages are welcome
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.