Trade Surveillance Monitoring Analyst
Job Reference #
Do you have an interest in financial markets, how they operate and how they can be exploited? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity?
We are looking for someone like you to be a part of our IB Trade Surveillance Team. You will be responsible for:
- Performing day to day automated surveillance of cash equity, ETD and other trading activity using industry leading surveillance tools such as SMARTS/Actimize;
- Analysing alerts thoroughly and closing out in a timely manner to ensure that issues are identified, investigated and escalated where necessary;
- Challenging alert design and effectiveness by contributing to periodic reviews to maintain an accurate and effective program;
- Collaborating regularly with other Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance (GCRG) areas, including the other Global Surveillance functions, Business Aligned Compliance, Regulatory Investigations and other areas as required;
- Staying informed of market news, trends and regulatory updates and developments
You’ll be working in Trade Surveillance team in Zabierzow near Krakow. Our team monitors automated alerts generated against orders and trades to identify potential instances of market abuse (insider dealing, market manipulation). As a trade surveillance specialist you'll play an important role in seeing that market abuse and misuse of sensitive UBS or client's information is prevented and that internal policies are complied with safeguarding UBS's reputation against legal and regulatory risks
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably finance related;
- Understanding of securities markets microstructure and main trading mechanisms;
- Understanding of the regulatory environment, particularly related to market abuse;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Very good communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proven experience ideally in a Trade Monitoring/Surveillance team, or control function (e.g. Middle Office / Finance) would be an advantage;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programme (particularly Excel).
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to analyse intraday stock and market patterns;
- An ability to prioritize own workload and to work in a team, but also able to complete tasks independently
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.