Senior Java / Platform Engineer - Digital Platforms Technology
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate?
We’re looking for someone like that to join us and:
• be a part of a high-performing team on a high-profile project.
• solve challenging problems in elegant way
• master state-of-the-art technologies
• apply best development practices and effectively utilize technologies
• work across full delivery cycle to ensure high quality delivery
• write high quality code and adhere to coding standards
• work collaboratively with a small team of technologists
The Neo Federal Platform Team is enabling other development teams to provide their solutions inside integrated platform called Neo. The UBS Neo is our leading project that intends to replace all client facing systems with one modern and technically advanced solution. Neo is designed as microservice ecosystem with state-of-the-art technologies composed into one multifunctional portal.
Our range of duties is related to Neo Platform engineering and varies in wide range from Platform documentation writing, support for other teams to development of low-level NIO HTTP servers and engineering Kubernetes controllers.
You will be joining the existing Agile team within UBS Investment Bank to develop Neo Platform with state-of-the-art technologies. Currently one of team biggest focuses is cloud migration
• core Java 8 knowledge including low-level parts of API like multi-threading and concurrency utilities
• understanding of design patterns and data structures
• clean coding skills and problem solving ability
• fluency with refactoring techniques
• fluency in unit testing / testing frameworks (JUnit / Mockito etc)
• experience with REST web services and Spring / Spring Boot
• knowledge about security basics and desire to learn more
• fluency with UNIX command line tools
• experience with Git
•desire to learn and work with cloud technologies
Nice to have:
•knowledge of cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Helm, Istio, Consul, Vault)
•knowledge of IO/NIO, Sockets and messaging systems
•knowledge of wide range of security concepts (JWT, mutual TLS, PKI)
•focused on quality
•an excellent communicator
•aware of on-going technology trends and know how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
•comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
•fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.