Economic and Financial Data Modeler (Evidence Lab)
Job Reference #
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you have experience with big data and know how to develop innovative solutions?
We’re looking for Economic and Financial Data Modeler to:
• build and maintain company financial models
• transform large structured and unstructured data sets into actionable insights
• create and maintain taxonomies; such as those related to global macroeconomic data
• manage and ensure the quality of underlying data sets collected from multiple sources
• participate in brainstorming events to design and execute novel solutions for investment debates
• identify and source new data sets and promote new use cases for existing and prospective data sets
You will be working in the UBS Evidence Lab team in Zabierzow (Eximius Park) as a Economic and Financial Data Modeler to help in the execution of primary research to answer investment debates. Our primary research is focused on underlying business drivers utilizing online and alternative data sets such as social media, mobile apps and online reviews to help inform UBS Investment analyst research conclusions.
You can learn more about Evidence Lab here.
• Very strong quantitative and advanced Excel skills
• Strong fundamental understanding of financial statement analyses
• General understanding of statistical analyses and concepts
• 2-5 years of relevant work experience; including experience within a research environment. Relevant experience may be in consultancy, strategy and business development, sell-side equity research or buy-side research
• utilize financial market data (Bloomberg, Factset, Visible Alpha, etc.)
• strong English language skills essential; proficiency in multiple languages desirable
• experience with processing & modeling data with Python and related libraries / frameworks would be an asset
• experience working with large data sets, technical experience creating SQL queries, VBA Scripting and/or data visualization skills would be an asset
• experience using SPSS would be an asset
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.