Chief Digital Office – IT R&D - PoC Development Lead
Information Technology (IT), Portfolio and fund management, Process, project and program management, Product Management and Development
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy building new technology prototypes? Are you an IT generalist, always discovering, testing and learning new technologies? Do you enjoy leading business stakeholders and engineering colleagues throughout such projects? Are you interested in developing your knowledge of the financial services business?
We are looking for a Proof-of-Concept Development Lead in the IT Research and Development team to:
• Build proof-of-concept (PoC) applications, including machine learning, natural language processing and distributed ledger technology applications.
• Evaluate technology products in our R&D labs.
• Elicit and understand business stakeholders' needs and keep them engaged in PoC projects.
• Manage a portfolio of PoC projects, when such are assigned to developers in Poland.
• Lead and mentor other software developers throughout their PoC projects (e.g. helping with system architecture, lab environment, or navigating the bank's organization and policies).
• Participate in developing a proof-of-concept center of excellence in the bank (e.g. contribute to improving the PoC process).
• Throughout your work, develop knowledge of and relationships across the bank's global business units (e.g. investment banking or wealth management).
We are Chief Digital Office (CDO) at UBS, tasked with exploring use cases for emerging technologies at UBS, including machine learning, natural language processing and distributed ledger technology. Within CDO, you will be joining the IT Research and Development (IT R&D) team, which runs CDO's software labs, evaluates emerging technology products and develops Proof-of-Concept projects.
• Master's degree in Computer Science preferred
• Technical generalist, with curiosity and experience in multiple technologies and languages, and comfortable to dig in and quickly pick up new ones
• 5+ years of hands-on development experience (incl. prototypes or proof-of-concept projects)
• Experience in emerging technology areas such as machine learning, knowledge engineering, natural language processing or distributed ledger technology
• Strong leadership and project management skills, capable of managing a small team and a portfolio of fast-paced projects
• Excellent communication and presentation skills conducive to speaking with audiences of varying expertise
• Knowledge of security and compliance requirements common in banking environments
• Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.