Operational Risk Test Manager
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy improving systems and processes? Are you a stickler for getting things right? Do you know how to solve problems? We are looking for someone like this who can help us:
• drive and coordinate the testing of software application changes in the area of Risk Control
• gather stakeholder acceptance criteria
• define test strategy, detailed test plan, test cases and coordinate test activity and perform testing
• estimate effort and plan resources accordingly
• work closely with the vendor development team and internal IT teams throughout all testing phases
• oversee timely and accurate capture of test results and status in HP Quality Center
• keep stakeholders informed of progress through reports and dashboards, escalate issues in a proactive and timely manner
• run daily Scrum calls and regular Working Group meetings
• prepare, run and get sign off of business stakeholder testing
• work effectively across globally distributed teams
You’ll be working in the Risk Change Team supporting the delivery of Change-the-Bank projects relating to Operational Risk. As a part of this team you would act as the essential conduit between business stakeholders and IT delivery teams, at various levels of seniority, across the UBS group globally. We need a test manager to join a project team to support the implementation of a new Governance, Risk, and Compliance system (MetricStream M7). This test manager will need to work closely with project team members and project stakeholders to proactively manage the test approach to deliver the changes.
• a degree in business administration, banking and finance, economics or similar subject
• at least 3 years of test management experience in a change environment within the financial industry, ideally relating to the area of Compliance and/or Operational Risk
• very good knowledge of test methodologies: Waterfall, V-model, Agile/SCRUM, Shift Left
• knowledge of HP Quality Centre or similar testing tools
• inquisitive, able to challenge effectively and manage conflicting stakeholder needs
• proven ability to gather information and represent it to stakeholder groups in a project implementation capacity, or similar scenario with the ability to focus on details and quality
• excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to tailor style to your audience with excellent English skills
• knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; ideally knowledge of SQL
• client oriented and are able to build collaborative relationships
• aware of project implementation approaches, combining the need to keep to deadlines whilst being mindful of the stakeholder community needs
• a flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude
• good at analysing and implementing your problem solving skills (you know how to figure things out)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.