Junior Software Engineer - Internship (Digital Platforms)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
The opportunity is for a hands-on engineer to join a team of 8 equally passionate technologists. Your paid internship will last up to 12 months with possibility of extension, based on 40 hours/week.
• build a proprietary tool to deliver Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) to UBS's suite of 1400+ enterprise applications developed by 3500+ developers.
• learn top development skills at the internal tool team
• be a developer advocate for CI/CD & DevOps across the wider organisation.
• be passionate about improving developer experience and making it easy to do the right thing
• communication and advocacy are also key – you will sell by word and example: CI/CD, everything as code & DevOps as philosophy
• be a part of re-engineering a large-scale system to leverage containers and cloud technologies with Azure and Kubernetes and bring them to other development teams to use
We're building a passionate and innovative cross-functional engineering team in Wrocław. It will unite about 10 outstanding technologists around a common vision of delivering, at global and enterprise scale: CI/CD, Cloud Orchestration and making it easy for all our teams to do the right 'engineering' thing. Over and above that this team will be developer advocates: selling the vision, communicating, coaching and helping others achieve state of the art delivery pipelines. The team you'll join (Engineering Productivity) together with Neo are part of Digital Platforms team. UBS supports flexible working from home or other remote locations which is enabled by a sophisticated agile working technology that gives full desktop, audio & video connectivity. We also encourage working hours that, within reason, accommodate your lifestyle. We also support local volunteering and have many internal social and professional communities.
We would like you to have some of the below skills, but more importantly the desire to learn as you go. We value engineering and development more than any particular technology so the list is not exhaustive.
• familiarity with server side code written in Java
• experience of using Github
• practice with Unix (RedHat Linux) command line tools
• effective communicator able to influence others
• passionate about DevOps and improving productivity of others
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.