Technology Risk & Controls Program Manager
Information Technology (IT), Process, project and program management, Risk
Job Reference #
Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? Do you have an enquiring mindset? Are you skilled at conducting risk assessments? Can you use data and metrics to construct a convincing business case, understandable at a senior business decision-making level? Are you able to positively challenge the status quo? Finally, do you have experience working in complex global program environment where stakeholders are often challenged by business-driven conflicting priorities?
We're looking for a skilled Program Manager to:
– Supervise control remediation projects for Group Technology’s most impactful controls, which will be led by either a dedicated SME project manager or in some cases lead a project until such time as it can be handed over to a dedicated SME project manager
– Assess and advise what good looks like for our controls environment in a role pivotal in defining how Group Technology implements the firm's operational risk framework
– advise stakeholders on control implementation, risk process improvements, as well as managing the underlying analysis and defining recommendations
– routinely interface with various stakeholders across all of Group Technology's functional streams, as well as with the Technology Risk Management organization and the firm's 2nd and 3rd line control functions.
– support the implementation of Continuous Controls Monitoring for Group Technology-owned Controls
– consult and provide expertise in risk-related frameworks, regulations, policies, processes & tools
– ensure that UBS Technology operates as documented in our Operational Risk Framework
– establish and maintain an effective culture of risk management
You’ll be working in the Central Technology Risk Management (TRM) organization in Poland (Krakow Business Park) as part of our IT Risk Remediation team. Our remit is to ensure that Technology operate as documented in the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) across regionally and functionally-aligned teams. We’re responsible for technology risk management, overseeing risk remediation, and ensuring technology controls are designed and operating effectively. You'll be working closely with your counterparts – business risk managers, infrastructure & security engineering, as well as the 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
– ideally 10 years of experience in some or all of the following: technology and IT risk management, operational risk, risk controls, program budget management and transformation programs in the financial services industry
– a university degree and/or deep relevant industry experience in finance, information technology or an engineering related discipline is a plus
– a risk or control-related certification, such as CRSIC or CISSP, is a plus
– extensive knowledge and practical experience in the use of risk and control related frameworks and standards (e.g., Cobit, COSO and ISO standards regarding information security, BCM and risk management)
– proven analytical skills with a sound technology background
– strong problem-solving and communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management
– an understanding of operational risk management and implementation in practice
– sound experience in data analysis, validation and presentation of results (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Tableau) strong problem-solving and communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.