Lawyer in Data Privacy
Job Reference #
Are you incredibly organized with an eye for detail but getting the big picture at the same time? Do you know how to take care of business? We’re looking for someone like that to:
- advise on legal interpretation of GDPR and other applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations
- provide legal support to the Group Data Protection Officer organization, including support for data subject access requests, purpose limitation and legality assessments, handling of data breaches and general advice
- engage and supervise external counsel, as required
- maintain relationships with and be the primary legal contact point for Data Protection authorities
- respond to legal inquiries from Data Protection authorities
- refresh and maintain the rules for disclosure of UBS client data and employee data
- respond to data transfer questions relating to E-discovery
- advise on and support the roll-out of processes, policies and documentation to cover updates in relevant laws and regulations in EMEA that have an impact on data
- respond to information governance/records management questions and provide guidance
- provide legal advice and support for electronic monitoring/investigations
- provide guidance on data localization laws, whether contained in data protection legislation or other laws
- interpret voice recording laws
- maintain various standard contractual documentation relating to data privacy (e.g. intragroup and vendor data transfer agreements)
- provide legal support for automatic exchange of information with tax authorities
- monitor legal and regulatory developments
- provide legal advisory support and training where necessary for various business stakeholders and input and support on global and regional initiatives and projects on an ad hoc basis
You’ll be working in the Group Data Protection Legal team in Krakow Zabierzow. As part of the team, you will cover legal matters relating to data protection, privacy, banking secrecy and banking confidentiality for UBS in the Europe Middle East and Africa region (EMEA). You will report into the Head of Group Data Protection Legal EMEA in London and be a part of the GDPL EMEA team, advising the UBS businesses in EMEA across the different business divisions in 18 EMEA jurisdictions.
You have:– a master degree in Law
– solid knowledge about EU law/regulations in data privacy
– experience in an international environment such as law firm, in-house legal department with focus on data privacy matters
– strong analytical skills
– ability to prioritize own workload on a daily basis
– self-motivated team player with the drive and enthusiasm to learn
– a great communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
– able to manage multiple internal and external interfaces
– organized and detail oriented
– fluent in English
– able and willing to work proactively and independently to tight deadlines and take responsibility for delivering to tight deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.