The Data Mgmt Analyst 2 is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of bank accounts, various clearing and in-process general ledger accounts.
- Prepares journal entries, check requests, wire transfers and/or escheatment filings.
- Researches financial transactions and analysis of account trends.
- Interacts, communicates and advises third party vendors.
- Responsibilities may include management of ACCESS databases and uploads.
- Participates in project management initiatves, prepares schedules for management review.
- Reconciles GL balance sheet accounts to various systems.
- Researches and clears any unreconciled differences through communication with both inside and outside sources, and recommend any new procedures to correct the reconcilement problems.
- Analyzes general ledger account trends and variances.
- Assists management in projects on the development of accounting controls for any new programs or processes.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2+ Years Experience in Data Management, Intermediate EXCEL proficiency required. Intermediate ACCESS or Database Management experience preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience