Senior Java Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to transform complex business requirements into a functional (and beautiful) piece of art? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We’re looking for software engineers to:
- provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
- design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
- provide technical expertise and recommendations in initiatives to support and enhance our existing application
- conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
- see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process the move from test to production
- continuously challenge both yourself and the current solution to achieve best results
- keep your colleagues up to date and happy
You’ll be working in our Krakow location. We work closely with our QAs, BAs and PMs, ensuring quality is at the forefront of all our releases. Our team embraces new ideas and improvements, to make all our lives easier and more enjoyable.
- 3 years of experience as a software engineer/developer
- live coding skills in Java 8 and frameworks Spring Boot, Spring Data, Hibernate, Tomcat
- experience in testing frameworks: Junit4/5, Spock, AssertJ and Mockito
- know-how to apply standards, methods, techniques and templates as defined by our SDLC
- produce secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
- design, plan and deliver solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
- bachelor degree or equivalent with informational technology/computer science
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud platform (Azure) and containerization technology (Docker)
- Elasticsearch working experience
- Understanding of TDD approach and its hands-on experience
- Agile Development methodologies
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.