The Prod Ctrl Analyst 1 is first level position responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the bank's books and records in coordination with the Finance team. The overall objective of this role is to control and support data integrity and general ledger reconciliation, profit attribution, new activity analysis and product P&L and balance sheet reporting.
The role is part of the Local Markets Product Control team in Poland. This business trades a wide range of products (FX spot, FX forward, FX Options, IR Derivatives, Bonds as well as Fund Transfer Pricing) across a diverse range of countries and currencies. The role will encompass the full end-to-end Product Control process as well as new business initiatives, and supporting the Product Control Policy and Control Framework covering Profit Attribution Analysis (PAA), New Trade Reviews, P&L Commentary and Front to Back reconciliations.
Drive Business results
- Daily and monthly reporting of Local Markets P&L within Rates and Currencies desk, including control and analysis of the accuracy of the underlying P&L data for different financial products, mainly: FX, Bonds, IRS as well as Fund Transfer Pricing for Local Markets Treasury part of the desk.
- Daily and monthly Balance Sheet reporting for 34 countries, including review of business level drivers and correctness of system data.
- Review of daily pool rates used for GOT products and associated Balance Sheet products.
- Participate in PAA (Profit Attribution Analysis) review and commentary on key risks and market moves. Volcker and PAA enhancement initiatives. Review of new trades and the P&L generated on them.
- Monthly reconciliation between reported P&L and the General Ledger
Improve Finance processes:
- Ensure standardization of processes and controls among the different parts of the business, ensuring robust controls across the Local Markets function
- Active participation in projects to develop the control infrastructure and facilitate business growth
Strengthen the Control environment:
- Daily interaction with traders in CEEMEA region (33 countries), as well as business heads in London, Middle Office, Risk Management and Operations.
- Promoting high data quality between front and back office systems.
Continue to make Citi a great place to work:
- Ensure strong communication across Product Control sites, engage fully with other functions.
- Push through enhancements, use effective escalation on recurring issues to be able to ensure focus on core controls.
- 1+ year of relevant experience in Finance related area or good academic background
- Strong analytical skills and MS Excel knowledge
- Basic financial products knowledge (FX, Bonds, IRS, basic Balance Sheet knowledge)
- General Finance/Markets knowledge
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong communication skills - written and oral
- Awareness of the bigger picture at Citi
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This a 1,5 year fix term job offer