The Statistician/Business Analyst will be responsible for conducting statistical analysis and optimization of financial monitoring system within Anti Money Laundering Optimization program at Citi. He/she will work in a team of Statisticians to execute complex statistical analyses, prepare algorithm simulations, discover and classify patterns of money flows and cooperate with other teams. This is a position for Business Analysts who want to develop their data analysis and programming competencies (R, SAS, Python, etc.) and grow their careers in a global company in a team of Data Science experts.
This position requires ability to understand business requirements and communicate efficiently the results of a team work with Stakeholders. Requirements include business analysis and some programming experience with data analysis, data processing and statistical tools (Oracle, SAS/R, BigData). Fluency in English and very good written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Provide Business Analysis support to the team of Data Science experts
- Conduct data-driven analyses and reports; apply qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods; prepare statistical and non-statistical data exploration
- Apply statistical methods to organize, analyze, and interpret data related to AML monitoring scenarios and thresholds. Ensure appropriate methodology is selected to answer specific business questions on effectiveness of coverage
- Build and implement models and algorithms. Maintain high quality code and documentation. Assure efficiency, stability and scalability of the solution
- Detect data anomalies and identify source of data problems. Recommend data quality solutions.
- Use visualization techniques to display data and the results of analysis in clear presentations that can be understood by non-technical readers
- Design statistically valid samples, design and conduct statistical experiments. Perform statistical inference and draw conclusions from sample data
- Master degree in technical science/mathematics/statistics/quantitative methods (degree in economics/banking may be considered if strong analytical skills proved) (4-5th year students may be considered as well)
- Experience in Business Analysis
- Some experience in data mining methods and their application in business practice
- Some programming and statistical/data analytical skills in at least one: R, SAS 4GL, SQL, Python.
- Experience in providing the results of analyses in clear written form and presenting the findings to the audience
- Initiative, creativity and attention to details
- Ability to discuss reasoning, critical assessment of facts and opinions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with high desire of self-development and learning
- Experience in a large corporation, preferably multicultural environment
To our Employees we offer:
- Opportunity of professional development in the international and well-established company
- Learning opportunities and challenging assignments in which you can utilize your knowledge
- Competitive social benefits (medical care, Benefit System, life insurance and other)
- Chance for a career evolution within Citi business structures
- Citi provides wide breadth of opportunities within Poland and globally for outstanding candidates: management career within CSC Poland or client/product role within other locations in EMEA