You will be working within our Global Network Services team to design, build, and implement complex data centre network solutions according to business requirements using defined Citi corporate standards.
Citigroup has one of the largest global financial data networks in the world and within EMEA specifically, we span over 50 countries. The network environment includes Data Centres/CO-LO’s, Trade Floors, Campus/Branches and Perimeter/B2B environments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You will produce detailed Network Design Documents which conform to corporate standards and from them craft detailed Build Packages which include configurations, implementation plans and test plans.
You will use these Build Packages to lead and implement the deployment of solutions onto the corporate data network.
For larger multi-discipline initiatives, you will be required to represent and deliver the network element of the project following the defined process, while providing effective liaison between other technology owners.
You will provide Domain Expertise for defined network products and technologies and assist with operational support of the environment, providing knowledge transfer of new products to other members of your own team, plus other teams where necessary.
You will assist in the development of & implementation of processes to allow repeatable designs with the view of provisioning automation and efficiencies.
This exciting role will give you the opportunity to work within the ever-changing financial sector, gaining an in depth understanding of Citigroup’s Network Infrastructure. You will be part of a diverse team working with highly skilled network engineers with a broad range of skills.
- Demonstrable experience working with network and security products from multiple vendors, including Cisco, Arista, Juniper, Palo Alto and Checkpoint.
- Strong working knowledge of at least three of the following routing protocols: EIGRP, IGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP.
- Good knowledge of Data Center network, LAN and WAN solutions
- Strong working knowledge of IP, IPsec and VPNs.
- Experience of using Multicast in a Cisco environment.
- Familiar with Cisco Voice Gateways, IPT and VOIP helpful.
- Preferably worked within large scale network or banking network operations/build team.
- CCNP/CCDP/JNCIP-ENT/JNCIS-SEC or higher certification preferred.
- Hands on experience with network design and build
- Analytical and process skills with the ability to influence and handle customer expectations.
- Strong presentation, negotiation, facilitation and problem solving skills.
- Analyse and take on business or technical problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal clients through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting)
- Willingness to stay on leading edge of technology by learning new techniques
- PC Literate
- Good interpersonal skills (both verbal & written)
- Customer Focused
- A confident self starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to influence others
- Flexible to react to changing priorities
- Ability to multi task
- Good Team Player
- Opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Access to the latest technologies and tools
- Comprehensive package of trainings
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
- Possibility to work from home