MS-SQL/Sybase Database Administrator
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you fluent in T-SQL? Do you like to be part of the global database organization as a MS-SQL/Sybase Database administrator to provide high level (Level 3) database expertise for day to day support of production and development environments? We’re looking for someone who can:
– design and implement complex changes
– troubleshoot and solve incidents
– act as Problem Manager
– monitor and analyze performance issues
– work with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure
– provide DBA Support for application development and production support teams
– ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines
The MS-SQL/Sybase Level 3 DBA team is spread across the globe in numerous regions. It is a team of highly skilled and experienced technicians. We have an excellent track record of solving incidents and problems. Our team has extensive performance tuning skills down to a SQL code level. We take ownership until the database issue is solved
– at least 5 to 8 years' experience and knowledge of the MS-SQL/Sybase RDBMS technologies
– good Analytical and troubleshooting experience on above
– experience in large enterprise supporting 500 + servers
– good experience in High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions (DB Mirroring / Always-On / Clusters / Replication)
– a strong communicator, fluent in English
– flexible, open-minded, team worker, with a friendly and pleasant personality
– self-driven, able to work under pressure (deadlines)
– very strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience, holding a demanding client-facing role
– ability to manage, prioritize and solve problems quickly and completely
– willing to work occasionally in nonstandard working hours (oncall and planned work)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.