Senior Development Team Lead
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you challenge the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• building a fresh new cloud ready systems using cutting edge technologies available on the market
• work on a Java 8/11 / Spring Boot / Spring Cloud / Kafka / Reactor / Oracle / Kubernetes / Docker technology stack
• take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
• be comfortable within a fast moving Agile team delivering in 2-weekly cycles
• embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the challenge of simplifying and rationalizing them
• help us in migrating our services to a cloud native and/or hybrid cloud technologies, utilizing Microsoft Azure technologies
You’ll be leading and working as part of the GED Core Services development team in Wroclaw. The Wroclaw team is part of a broader global team delivering the technology solutions for booking and lifecycle management systems. GED Core Services is commonly used platform and shared services used by wider number of applications involved in trade bookings and lifecycle management. It's responsible for building infrastructure and commonly used micro-services along with libraries to be used within this platform.
• strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming and NIO
• hands-on experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration and Test or Behavior driven development
• understanding cloud technologies and micro-services architecture
• hands-on experience with Linux servers
• successfully applied solutions to meet non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability
• proficiency in relational and non-relational databases with proper usage classifications
• strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a global team
• people management skills in leading a small two-pizza delivery team
You may have:
• service running in cloud experience: Discovery, Client side load balancing, circuit breaking
• TDD experience (Mocha, Chai, Sinon)
• experience with test automation (Selenium, Cucumber)
• experience in financial service, like the stock market and/or investment banking
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.