Who are we?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Enterprise Services. Services functions are responsible for the end-to-end service ownership for their domain, including the total cost of ownership, service quality and responsiveness. Team members within the Services functions will engineer and certify platform builds and capabilities, oversee execution of builds, and break/fix where scripting and automation are not possible. They will manage problems, service improvements and continuity of business/resiliency testing and move, add and change activities for their service domain.
The MQ/CICS support teams are part of Citi’s Global Mainframe Business Integration (BI) group within Enterprise Services. The technologies this team is involved with include the latest IBM MQ and CICS Transaction Server levels and associated products such as Nastel Autopilot, Configuration Manager, AbendAid, Intertest, CAFC, CBAC, etc. The teams interact closely and collaborates with other middleware teams in BI supporting WebSphere and z/OS Connect.
In CTI, we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
The Infrastructure Operations Senior Analyst is responsible for activities relating to the build, maintenance and operation of infrastructure platforms. You will have the opportunity to work with our established setup, and drive future improvements in the performance of our technology infrastructure platforms, ensuring that we are increasing the reliability of the platform and optimizing its capacity.
- Provide sound understanding of technology infrastructure concepts and principles to provide support to supported platforms and sectors within technical domain
- Apply basic understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate within technology infrastructure to support the operations environment
- Handle issues and escalations, as well as resolve production problems, reporting to management on status and technical matters
- Plan and implement improved processes, backup and recovery plans, and uniform methodologies and standards
- Utilize skillset to provide support, trouble-shooting and performance-tuning within technical domain
- Assist with installation and upgrade of platform/sector utilities and tools
Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
- Work effectively with virtual and remote team members exercising critical thinking to resolve issues and presenting technical findings accurately to internal customers and leadership
- Act as a liaison between various CTI businesses providing direction and support to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others
- Actively contribute towards self-development by creating and following development plans based on discussions with management
Core Role Competencies
- Technical Knowledge: Has a recognizable area of technical competence. Familiar with appropriate standards. Applies subject domain knowledge to meet organizational need/guide actions. Keeps up with current and possible future technological developments in the field.
- Processes/ Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
- Customer and Industry Knowledge: Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions.
- Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors.
- Client Centricity: Uses insights from customer relationships to anticipate their needs and provide services beyond their expectations. Actively seeks information to understand client issues, expectations, and needs.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed.
Skills / Experience Levels
- You have good communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly in high stress situations
- You enjoy learning and love sharing your knowledge with others
- You work independently and are self-directed
- You are a detail oriented and perseverant individual
- You have a positive attitude with the drive to get the work done
- You enjoy collaborating and working as part of a cross discipline team.
- You’re a self-starter with good problem solving skills, and you continuously look for ways to improve things.
- You understand the importance of prioritization of your work.
- Providing a great experience to the users of your platform is important to you.
- You have skills and proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access or other analytical tools
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred) or equivalent work experience