Senior Java Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about technology and have keen eye for detail? We're looking for Senior Java Software Engineer to join UBS Neo team where you will be involved in development of modern cross-product application platform https://www.ubs.com/global/en/investment-bank/ubs-neo.html
The Neo Federal Team is enabling other development teams to provide their solutions inside integrated platform called Neo. The UBS Neo is our leading project that intends to replace all client facing systems with one modern and technically advanced solution. Neo is designed as micro service ecosystem with state-of-the-art technologies composed into one multifunctional portal.
You will be joining existing Agile team within UBS Investment Bank that deliver solutions on bi-weekly basis. You will collaborate closely with the Business, Client-Side Developers, Quality Assurance and User Experience professionals.
• core Java 8 knowledge including low-level parts of API like multi-threading and concurrency utilities
• solid knowledge of Spring framework
• knowledge of and experience with micro-service architectures
• experience with RESTful web services and messaging systems
• experience with NoSql databases (Cassandra, Redis) and understanding of different types
• clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability
• fluency in design patterns and refactoring techniques
• fluency in Java unit testing / testing frameworks (JUnit / Mockito, etc)
• knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc)
• experience working with Linux
Would be a plus:
• experience working with cloud services (Azure)
• knowledge of containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
• focused on quality
• an excellent communicator
• aware of on-going technology trends and know pragmatically leverage their benefits
• quick learner
• comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.