Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
If You have strong communication skills, an open mind and you like working with people, this role could be your chance to provide end to end HR Operations to employees, line managers and local HR across a designated region.
If you already experienced in HR operations, business HR, customer service or call center you should consider to join our team.
What’s the role?
As HR Specialist you will liaise with HR experts to get input and support the business with Integrated Resourcing, helping to deploy staff.
More specifically, your role will include:
Supporting Team Lead in performance management including Salesforce dashboards, Ad-hoc reports, Workload during team member’s absences.
Providing constructive feedback to team members about their performance including noted areas of competence and development with close cooperation with Team Lead.
Playing a vital role in upcoming changes by active collaboration with Team Lead in driving HR Operations purpose.
Contribution to Knowledge Management within the team (salesforce knowledge, cooperation with HR Process & System Specialists, a role model in being a process focal point).
Knowledge sharing and organizing/delivering training for the team when needed. Leading training for New Joiners.
Building partnerships with other parts of HR by clarifying policies and procedures.
We are looking for candidates who have specific knowledge and a good understanding of HR Model. Furthermore, we appreciate candidates who are empathy and have an excellence mindset. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many following as possible on You CV:
Strong knowledge of Shell People.
Experience in service excellence.
Expertise in local policies (UK Policies).
Stakeholder management skills.
Experience in change management is an advantage.
Ability to work on complex cases individually with minimal supervision.
English – Min. C1.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects