Tech Risk Manager
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you risk aware? Do you have a proven background in information technology and experience in the financial services industry? We’re looking for someone like that to help us to:
• assist our key stakeholders with managing their operational risk items, and staying within risk appetite
• monitor risk remediation initiatives, and assist our stakeholders where required
• support the implementation of the Operational Risk Framework
• analyze risk-related metrics, and identify trends, peaks and exceptions
• report Technology risks, control deficiencies and remediation status to our key stakeholders
• maintain relationships with key stakeholders, and partner effectively with 2nd and 3rd lines of defense
• assist with internal and external audits impacting technology
• assist with ad hoc risk and recurring control assessments
• establish and maintain an effective risk culture
• prepare required risk reporting at Investment Banking Tech level and at various aggregated levels
• continuously improve risk reporting and controlling processes, support the team’s change agenda
• perform analytical review of figures, including existing controls, data reconciliation and commentary on material variances
You’ll be working in our Investment Bank risk management team in the UBS office in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park). We’re responsible for technology risk management, overseeing risk remediation, and ensuring technology controls are designed and operating effectively. You'll be working closely with your counterparts – business risk managers, Technology Services, and 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
• a university degree, preferably in computer science, information technology or similar field
• proven project management experience, with a history of delivery successful out-comes
• experience in risk management or audit, and technology, preferably in the Financial Services industry
• excellent knowledge of technology risks, controls and risk remediation
• strong analytical skills
• sound experience in data analysis, validation and presentation of results
• experienced in consolidate and track operational risk items from creation to closure
• a great and effective communicator
• a risk control subject-matter expert, supporting our key stakeholders in all areas of risk and controls
• excellent MS Office skills (including knowledge of VBA programming would be an asset)
• a flexible and resilient individual with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
• methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
• able to surface and address issues, control deficiencies and emerging risks
• able to provide practical solutions to sustainably remediate and minimize risks and control deficiencies
• result-oriented and assertive
• fluent in English
• able to manage priorities and organize work to meet competing deadlines
• talented and experienced presenter of data
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.