The Infrastructure Senior Technology Analyst in Network Automation and Tools team is an intermediate level role responsible for tools that automate, monitor and troubleshoot network issues, including; SD-WAN solutions, netflow, packet capture, hardware and software configuration assurance, telemetry, event management consoles and security in coordination with the Technology Infrastructure team. The overall objective is to use infrastructure technology knowledge and identified policies to process data, automate tasks and participate in application life-cycle from development to operational environment.
- Identify and propose new automation solutions and approaches, standardizing processes across CTI when possible, to deliver improved functionality and more efficient outputs
- Oversee end-to-end automation process, identifying automation needs, documenting to understand and execute against project scope, and partnering alongside key partners to design and implement automation that matches the need of the business
- Plan, install and maintain automation software on various platforms, monitoring functionality to ensure optimal output
- Develop new solutions to automate processes and tasks using the optimal tools and languages for the business requirement while effectively managing timelines and expectations and ensuring on-time delivery of projects
- Perform automation monitoring and tuning, participating in process redesign and making recommendations on improvements for current automation solutions when possible
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Drive Root Cause Analysis (RCA) post restoration of service for supported platforms
- Act as a subject matter expert for one or more assigned applications in the network environment.
- Design testing approaches, complex processes, reporting streams, and create automation of repetitive tasks
- Provide technical/strategic direction and act as advisory/coach to lower level analysts
- Responsible for overall operating system applications
- Contribute to technical direction and strategic decisions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience in Infrastructure Technologies delivery with a proven track record of operational process change and improvement
- Experience working in Financial Services or a large complex and/or global environment
- An understanding of networks and network monitoring would be very advantageous for the applicant.
- Firm understanding of TCP/IP, LAN, WAN and network routing protocols
- Strong working knowledge of Linux environment and use of Linux/UNIX utilities and shell scripting.
- Experience with Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Understanding of Software Defined Networks and Cloud Orchestration scripting with Python, Perl, C++ or Yang
- Knowledge of any of following tools is a plus: Data Lake, HP Network Automation, Cisco NSO, Cisco DNA, Netbrain, Plixer Scrutinizer, SMARTS, Prognosis, Infovista, Nagios, Corvil.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to work with virtual and in-person teams, and work under pressure or to a deadline
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective analytic/diagnostic skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience