Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about server hardware? Do you want to help set the direction and strategy for Server Hardware Engineering? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment? We are looking for an IT System Engineer to join our team and help us to:
– evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
– guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance
– analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you’ve got a good eye)
– cooperate with other groups in engineering on delivery of large scale programs
– evaluate, certify, and document firmware updates, components for current and future systems
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Server Hardware Engineering team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You'll be working the Server Hardware Engineering team based in Poland. As an IT System Engineer, you will be instrumental in setting the direction and strategy for the IT Infrastructure server hardware across the globe and in certifying, configuring, documenting, and evaluating different hardware solutions. You will be responsible for making sure that new firmware or hardware components can be used globally and providing the documentation on how to configure and install them. You will be joining a well-established team who will provide invaluable guidance as you grow your knowledge and career. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
– sound knowledge of Linux, Windows, or ESXi
– sound knowledge of server hardware, blade chassis, I\\O modules, HBAs, NICs, RAID controllers
– preferably previous knowledge of HPE OneView, Lenovo XClarity, DellEMC Open Manage Enterprise, or similar products like Cisco UCS manager.
– preferably previous knowledge of PowerShell, bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
– preferably previous experience working in complex infrastructure projects
– preferably previous experience automating repetitive tasks using one of the above mentioned languages or tools, or similar
– a committed and visionary team player with analytical and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
– well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
– a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
– curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
– fluent in English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.