The Global Market Risk Reporting group is responsible for the analysis and reporting of Citi’s Regulatory Risk Based Capital, externally reported trading VaR, & the market risk information that feeds Citi Risk Global Market Risk system. The market risk is used in a wide array of Citi regulatory & internal capital calculations as well as many market risk reports and stress testing. This team interacts with other members of Risk, Financial Control, Information Technology, Risk Analytics and the business. Additionally, they will be directly responsible for producing the market risk regulatory risk based capital for the London Broker Dealer and performing internal controls including daily back-testing. The position requires exceptional people and project management skills, a strong work ethic, solid market risk analytic skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to troubleshoot and follow up on problems while working under a very tight daily production cycle. This position will give the individual exposure to market risk for products traded in every region and in nearly every market as well as exposure to senior management.
The EMEA Market Risk Reporting Team is responsible for the production, monitoring, analysis and reporting of the market risk of all EMEA businesses and legal vehicles. The primary responsibility of the team is to ensure that all market risk metrics are accurate, understood, properly commented and reported in a timely fashion. Main stakeholders include Market Risk Management, Financial & Product Control, Risk Analytics and Data Analysis & Risk Control.
The New Hire in Warsaw will support the EMEA Risk Reporting manager, currently based in London.
Activities will include market risk limit monitoring, regulatory market risk reporting, Risk Not in Model production and ad hoc projects. The role requires a solid understanding of market risk concepts, strong analytics, communications and organizational skills, ability to collaborate and work well in teams and ability to troubleshoot problems while working under very tight production cycles.
This position will give the individual exposure to market risk across different products as well as exposure to senior market risk management and the middle office within Citi.
- Support the EMEA risk reporting manager in London by producing and taking ownership of a variety of risk reports and controls
- Analyze drivers and changes of different market risk metrics in collaboration with Market Risk Analytics and Market Risk Management
- Develop, leverage, and maintain relationships across varying levels of management and function to ensure a high degree of accuracy in all reported market risk metrics
- Interface with Risk Managers, Business Managers, Model Owners, Finance and Corporate counterparts to ensure robust execution and compliance with all requirements; identifying and following up on emerging methodological or process issues
- Partner with Risk Systems and Technology to design strategies, automated solutions and ensure complete, correct and timely reporting
- Develop expertise in usage of various internal system and databases
- Support report automation and Identify potential process improvements and capabilities to increase consistency, transparency, and reliability of market risk reports
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide ad-hoc support and analysis
- Oversee the implementation of key controls and maintenance of associated process documentation
The position requires specific industry knowledge and experience related to Trading and Market Risk. The core strengths required for this position include but are not limited to:
- Organized, clear thinker, with entrepreneurial spirit and ability to design, optimize, prioritize, and execute complex and dynamic processes in a financial institution. Demonstrated ability for problem solving and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with senior management and summarize and present data from insightful and actionable perspectives. Ability to facilitate discussions and participate in group meetings
- Solid understanding of market risk exposures and VaR. Good data management skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work effectively with diverse teams. Ability to lead projects with multiple counterparts across organizations
- Autonomous and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task productively and to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Solid analytical skills (Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics), Master’s Degree or MBA a plus. 1-3 years’ work experience in Market Risk, Finance or associated discipline
- Strong technical skills including at a minimum proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, VBA, Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn how to use new applications quickly
- Ability to work under pressure will be critical
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
- Opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Access to the latest technologies and tools
- Opportunity to learn through participation in various projects and cross training
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
- High exposure coming from direct cooperation with senior management