IT System Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a knack for analyzing IT business requirements? Are you able to map business requirements into IT solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
- determine required systems changes to provide IT business solutions and assist in implementing them
- conduct systems-analysis activities by evaluating current data and systems flows and proposing target flows working with business analysts.
- support the IT development teams by describing the business requirements in technical terms.
- assist in quality control and project management
- identify people and systems impacted by functional and non-functional requirements
The Counterparty & Treasury IT function within the UBS Investment Bank manages the build out and support of UBS’ Credit Valuation Adjustment, Counterparty Credit Risk, Liquidity & Funding IT systems
Across this area there are a number of established programmes and new books of work delivering strategic change and tangible business benefit to UBS Investment Bank and Group Functions. This is a market differentiating department with exciting opportunities to get involved in very topical areas such as Counterparty Credit Risk / CVA, Secured & Unsecured Funding and Investment Bank Liquidity projects and business process change.
The work within this department is actively sponsored by the UBS Group Treasurer, the Investment Bank Chief Operations Officer, and the IB Treasury Trading global head whilst also actively supported by the Front Office and Control function heads.
- experience applying systems analysis techniques.
- the ability to interpret a set of business requirements and propose robust IT solutions (you know what they really want)
- an understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- ability to produce data/system flows utilizing technical skills including PL/SQL
- strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
- passionate about supporting the development of IT systems and applications
- technically savvy with an appreciation for IT capability
- a strong communicator, from making presentations to technical writing
- adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
- fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.