Compliance & Operational Risk Control Specialist Team Head deputy
Job Reference #
Do you have an experience with compliance or risk? Are you truly collaborative and motivated to lead, guide and support the development of a team of specialists? Do you want to be part of an exciting journey shaping our Monitoring, Surveillance and Control Function (MS&C)?
We’re looking for C&ORC Specialist who can help us to:
• Deputize EMEA Central Controls Head to ensure optimal performance of EMEA Central Controls team
• Act as first point of contact for all internal stakeholders to evaluate, triage, oversee and quality-assure assigned requests and topics
• Maintain and build knowledge, skills and experience of staff
• Drive change-related activities and ensure continuous improvement across processes
• Drive the development, maintenance and enhancement of control standards
• Act as a compliance and operational risk control (C&ORC) subject-matter expert for EMEA C&ORC stakeholders supporting them in managing risk
• Provide business management with controls, tools, training, frameworks , information and insights required to manage risk
You’ll be working in EMEA Central Controls team in Krakow. The Team is responsible for performing Sanctions, KYC, Anti-Corruption, Suitability, Conflicts of Interest and Cross-border manual compliance controls for EMEA locations. As Team Head deputy, you’ll play an important role in the further development of the team and supervision of 2nd line of defense activities for EMEA Region. You will be liaising on a daily basis with Senior Stakeholders located across EMEA and support Senior Management in achieving MS&C strategic objectives.
• At least 3 years of experience in in risk, audit or compliance and one year of managerial experience
• Bachelor`s or master`s degree or equivalent in law, finance or economics
• Fluent in English and German, both written and verbal
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player with ability to inspire others
• Innate sense of how to prioritize and capable to juggle many tasks simultaneously in an effective manner
• Always looking to remove barriers and improving efficiency and effectiveness of activities
• Ability to quickly gain knowledge on assigned processes and act as Subject Matter Expert
• Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skill
• Skilled in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.