Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
If you have an eye for the detail and willingness to improve processes then don’t look any further Operations Analyst is a role for you! You will provide daily operations of the Global Operations Commercial Services team. This role could be your chance to grow up your career and work within a supportive, global company powering the lives of billions.
GOCS (Global Operations Commercial Services) is part of Shell Trading & Supply which has a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, LNG, chemical natural gas, electrical power and CO2. This logistical role is supporting the Trading & Supply Operations in Netherlands.
As Operation Support Advisor, you will be responsible for:
Cargo movements in the ARA (Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerpen) Area,
Cargo document handling, invoices and reporting
Generate key data reports for internal customers
Resolve all errors preventing the processing
Your role will guarantee that movements will take place in a timely manner and that all customers receive their goods in the agreed time frame.
Our main stakeholders are: Commercial Operations, Traders, Deal Implementation, Scheduling, EU Barging - Supply Chain and finance teams.
Most of the team’s responsibilities are being carried out in SAP and DEX, to promise accurate creation of transport information, cargo documents, invoices and changes in cargo movements.
English B2/C1 min,
University degree and/or equivalent work experience,
Good stakeholder management,
Handle a high volume of transactions in an efficient and accurate manner,
Must be able to deal with competing priorities and be able to maximize value in a fast paced environment,
Evidence of an orientation towards learning and application of that learning to problem solving,
Working knowledge of LEAN or other CI tools will be highly considered,
Knowledge of SAP and/or DEX would be an additional asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel,
By joining the Operations Support Team, you will come across many possibilities to improve your problem solving and multitasking skills. A fast-paced global environment will keep you on your feet and sharpen your instinct to prioritize competing tasks.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects