The role will cover valuation control of the inventory held within the Global Rates and Currencies business and will require strong communication skills and teamwork across multiple locations and departments.
VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. It works with trading and quantitative groups to fully understand the impact of valuation uncertainty on the desk’s level of pricing and any accompanying fair value adjustments. It also participates in the approval of new products, where appropriate.
- Developing and carrying out price testing for derivatives on FX and interest rates markets.
- Developing valuation adjustments methodologies and performing relevant calculations
- Compilation of data to produce detailed Valuation reports for Desk Heads, Controllers and Risk summarizing the valuation control results across the Business
- Ensuring appropriate regulatory reporting on monthly basis
- Creating and maintaining relevant process documentation
- Enhancing existing control framework by reviewing pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Developing strong working relationships with the Desk, Finance, Audit, Quant and Market Risk partners throughout the firm
- Ad-hoc projects that arise relating to further streamlining (or retirement) of existing systems or assisting in the introduction of new systems
- Performing ad hoc analysis on any new pricing issues
- A degree in Finance or in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering etc. or
- Experience in a finance, valuation, market risk or product control related function, covering a major asset class (FX, equities, rates, commodities, etc.)
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- process orientation, professionalism,
- Ability to work effectively in situations requiring analytical, interpretive, and problem solving techniques
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong team working skills
- Positive and dynamic attitude to work
- Ability to work as part of and contribute to a multi-location Team.
- Learn dependencies between systems across the different asset classes.
- Work in international environment facing seniors from internal stakeholders including Business, Market Risk, Product Control and others departments
- Exposure to a complex and fast-paced challenging control environment
- Extensive opportunities to excel project management skills
This is a fixed-term contract for 12 months