Candidate will be responsible for coordinating a variety of corporate commitments from a Risk and Control perspective.
The candidate will assist with the Poland and EMEA/NAM regional control activities in collaboration with ISG Operations teams & management, Compliance, Internal Audit, ICG Businesses and Technology to ensure an effective control environment.
This is an important role, reflective of the increasing criticality of strong risk and control focus within a large operations organisation such as ISG Reference Data Management.
The Information Services Group (ISG) is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across the Institutional Client Services (ICG) organization, through implementing state of the art technologies which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. The ISG organization works in partnership with data clients across all ICG business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data.
This role is for Risk and Control oversight of various ISG Operations processes who will perform the following:
- MCA Oversight – oversight of MCA process including ensuring robust MCA’s exist across all processes and co-ordination of testing and results
- Policy and MCA Mapping – assist with review of Citi policies that affect the ISG Ops groups, and with mapping of MCA testing processes back to those policies and standards.
- Policy/ Guidelines - Policy/ Guidelines development, standardization, awareness, implementation assistance, and enforcement of related policies across the region
- Cross Border Data Clearance (CBDC) – assist in processes to ensure that all ISG functions have adequate and appropriate cross border data clearance in place relating to the functions and services provided
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to develop a broad knowledge of reference data and operational concepts, and needs within a major global financial organisation, building on their current risk and controls and/ or operations experience.
- Knowledge of risk and controls gained through previous roles.
- Understanding of Citi’s internal risk & controls policies and processes and the ability to quickly identify areas of weakness
- Regulatory concepts and other key areas of risk within the operations and data environments
- Exhibit good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work with various levels of management and build and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to interact with Auditors, Compliance and Independent Controls Groups as required.
- Ability to proficiently use MS Office products, particularly Excel and powerpoint
- Risk management experience in an operational role is preferred but not essential
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Strong communication (written and verbal).
- Planning and organising.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines as part of a team.
- Can make decision quickly.
- Willing to be involved in all aspects of a task.
- Exhibit good attention to detail while focused on delivery.
- Ability to work on several initiatives concurrently and cope with changes in priorities.