Mobile Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate?
Do you want to help develop new high-profile client-facing mobile financial applications? Take pride in the quality of software delivered for each development iteration? We’re looking for someone like that to join us and:
• be a part of a high-performing team on a high-profile project
• solve challenging problems in elegant way
• master state-of-the-art technologies and a complex business domain
• build the highly responsive and fast updating application in Agile & Lean environment
• apply best development practices and effectively utilize technologies
• work across full delivery cycle to ensure high quality delivery
• write high quality code and adhere to coding standards
• work collaboratively with a small team of technologists and closely with the business
You will be joining the e-commerce IT Mobile team within UBS Investment Bank to develop and maintain a set of mobile applications across Android and iOS. You will collaborate closely with the Business, Client and Server-Side Developers, Quality Assurance and User Experience professionals.
• expertise in fundamentals of computing science including data structures and algorithms
• expertise in Android development (Java and / or Kotlin)
• expertise in iOS (Objective C and Swift)
• clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability
• fluency in design patterns and principles and refactoring techniques
• fluency in mobile unit testing / testing frameworks (Selenium etc)
• experience with RESTful web services and messaging systems
• knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc)
• focused on quality
• an excellent communicator
• aware of on-going technology trends and how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
• quick learner
• comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.