Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
We are currently looking for an experienced HR Data Manager to join our Krakow office. It is a newly created role and even though it is located in Krakow, it is placed in our global structures with exposure to and direct interactions with various senior HR Business and IT leadership in Shell as well as with senior HR business leadership.
The role reports to HR CI Manager based in the Hague. It will have 1 direct report (HR Product Owner Data Solutions) and will work very closely with many different stakeholders in HR Operations (where data is maintained) and with the Process Owners and Architects who have the role of Data Definition and Data Value owners
The role of HR Data Manager is introduced to further mature Data Management practices within HR. With the introduction of Workday the HR IT environment is changing significantly which increases the need to design and develop up-to-date and practical HR Data Management practices to maximize the business value from HR data.
After setting up data governance forums and refreshing the HR Data Strategy, the HR Data Manager will work as a focal point to drive the data agenda in HR and coordinating data management activities across the different HR processes. After the establishment of the right governance forums the HR Data Manager will work closely with representatives from HR Operations in their role as Data Value Owners since most of the HR Data is entered in HR IT solutions in HR Operations.
Good quality data and clear Data Governance will help HR to make decisions on good quality data and it will make HR processes and operations more efficient and effective.
The HR Data Manager will set, monitor and achieve Global Data Quality targets as designed by the Data Definition Owners. And he/she will support the Data Definition Owners in their impact analysis of Data Quality issues.
In the first few years of operation, this newly-created role brings unique challenges:
- Establishing a refreshed Data Governance supporting the new ways of working
- Regularly absorbing new scope and incorporating this in to the Roadmap as the HR IT landscape rapidly evolves
- In close collaboration with VP Data & Analytics, translating the Data Strategy for HR in action and delivering the associated Roadmap to support business value realization from HR data
- Putting in place a capability-building plan, that ensures that we develop the skills, capabilities and mindsets to ensure long-term success for Data Management
- Data lead for HR data in the business, working with the IT Chief Data Officer, HR Compliance Officer and other support functions to drive the data agenda, incl. coordination of data management activities across the governance tiers
- Ensure the effective implementation of data management policies, standards and procedures for the collection, maintenance, delivery, updating and use of data within the business processes
- Author and review policies and supporting standards, procedures, and processes for soundness and alignment with business and regulatory needs
- Ensure data definitions get recorded (IT and business context) and data descriptions are added in relevant Data Catalogues
- Represent HR in Shell's Data Management networks to make sure policies and practices are aligned with the agreed company vision on Data Management
- Assume the role of single point of contact across HR for data policy approval and implementation
- Align data management vision & objectives with strategic direction of the organization to facilitate the accountability of data collection and management within various Business Processes to support data management tasks
- Assess the risks arising from potential poor-quality data and processes and lead Data Definition Owners/Data Value Owners/Data Support Functions/Architecture to remediate data issues and/or optimize/fix data processes
- Monitor data quality for business process and produces data quality reports
- Work closely with the HR Product Owner Data Quality to have fit for purpose Data Quality solutions in place that help to monitor and improve the quality of HR data
- Proactively identify data integrity / data process design issues and oversee resolution
- Delivering results through others by setting up the right governance structure and coordinating multiple activities
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders on all organisational levels to assure dialog on data management
- Understand both the IT and HR side of Data Management and having base understanding of the HRIT solutions that hold the data.
- Working, communicating and influencing in a global, virtual organisation as well as supporting colleagues in various locations and time zones.
- A highly experienced HR professional with 10+ yrs experience in Data Management and/or HR Operations
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of HR processes and systems as well as understanding of the HR IT organisation and ways of working.
- Very strong stakeholder management & influencing skills, including coaching of senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to deliver through others within a natural team environment where direct authority outside immediate team where required.
- Demonstrated ability to look at the big picture (HR IT Landscape) and able to balance risk with value.
- Ability to bring in external perspectives
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong collaboration mindset
- Strong facilitation skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in driving change, influencing outcome and gaining senior management support
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects