Reference Data Software Engineer in Test
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in world? If so, you are the right person for this role. We are seeking expert technology professionals to join our development team in Krakow.
We are looking for someone who can:
• Be a part of a Scrum team working on delivering business value through Software
• Implement and deliver high quality software solutions / components
• Demonstrate superior collaboration skills in working closely with other teams to roll-out important regulatory and business improvement programs
• Understand user requirements and translate them the application
• Design, build and maintain efficient reusable code
• Perform Unit/Integration/Functional/Non-Functional Testing
• Provide technical directions and system architecture
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Our team focuses on setting the group data strategy and delivering reference data related organizational, process and technology changes across the Bank globally, working closely with management, the business and other areas.
We provide a consolidated view of trading book and organizational hierarchy reference data, working closely with the Investment Banking business to source, define and distribute this information to our colleagues in the Front Office, Risk, Finance and various Operations teams to be used for trade booking and reporting purposes.
– Minimum 5 years developing software utilizing Java
– Minimum 1 year developing software utilizing Spring framework
– Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills
– Detailed understanding of core Java concepts
– Hands-on experience with building distributed systems, Java messaging technologies
– Hands-on experience with databases:
- Development experience with Oracle PL/SQL (version 11) is a plus
- Experience working on Oracle performance tuning is a plus
- ETL concepts understanding is a plus
– Experience in performing and receiving peer reviews of source code
– Experience with Unix and shell scripting
– Hands-on experience with Git, Teamcity, Maven or analogues.
– Experience building, motivating teams is a plus
– Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– Strong organizational and quality assurance skills
– Experience in the financial industry is a plus
– A strong and reliable team player who takes initiative
– Organized, well-structured and with drive to deliver
– Committed to excellence
– Someone who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
– Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.