SCOM Subject Matter Expert
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you like to work and explore multiple, complex IT technologies? Are you a customer-focused team player, who enjoys to become part of a large global organization? Would you like to take a chance to drive your career?
We are looking for someone like that who can help us with the following key tasks:
- You will act as a Subject Matter Expert in our Global Wintel SCOM Monitoring team
- Leading the global Service Operations team of SCOM Subject Matter Experts to ensure availability of the platform
- Lead various projects, such as SCOM Platform Migrations, SCOM Agent coverage or MOM package distributions
- Represent the global SCOM team as well as the site Nashville in the IT4IT Global Service Operation team and particiapte in the weekly Mgmt team to provide update on availability of the platform and status on projects
- Lead Service Operations meeting with your main stakeholder and Engineering to ensure user requirements are covered.
- Ensure the local site in Nashville of 5+ people is managed and resourced
- Act as local Major Incident Manager to ensure handover can be provided for the APAC starting business hours
In this role you are part of a high-performing team of SCOM experts. You will meet a committed, quality driven and very technical team understanding not just the Applications but is as well generally interested in IT and its processes to be as efficient as possible.
The team today is based in Switzerland, Poland, India, Singapore. A team in Poland is being build up to ensure the follow the sun Support Model. The local SCOM team is complemented by a broader team focused on Service Operations for various other tools supporting the ITIL processes. This includes Splunk, ServiceNow, Netcool, AppDynamics, IPSoft to name just a few.
In addition to your Service Operation core team you will deal with colleagues and clients situated both far and near including developers in APAC, Europe and the US.
- able to work as part of a global team interacting with client all over the world
- comfortable communicating (in English) with both technically minded colleagues as well as senior management
- able to prioritize your own workload and work with minimal supervision where required
- willing to provide on-call support as required
- at least 3 years of experience in support of SCOM or an equivilant application and a total of 5 years in the IT industry
- a strong knowledge of IT technologies, methodologies, toolsets & solutions
- a good technical and architectural understanding of large environments, including Wintel operating systems, Linux/Unix is nice to have.
- ITIL foundation v3 certification
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.