- Working in a small innovation team, mostly within the domain of Machine/Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Computing:
- Experiment/design/develop solutions using new/emerging technologies.
- Consult on architecture and design, bootstrap, and/or implement strategic projects for Citi Private Bank.
- Architect, implement, and/or validate integrations with 3rd party applications.
- Help implement and deploy key projects and products for Citi Private Bank.
- 5-8 years of professional experience
- Programming experience in one or more application or systems languages: Haskell, Scala, C/C++, Java, Python, R etc.
- Background in functional programming, preferably Haskell or Scala.
- Distributed Systems Design experience, including understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles.
- Strong understanding of Relational Database concepts, including performance optimization.
- Open minded and willing to learn new languages/methodologies/concepts.
- Experience working with business partners and engineers to gather, understand and bridge definitions and requirements.
- A commitment to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software.
- An innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability for one's work.
- Enormous sense of ownership.
The following skills are considered a plus:
- Haskell experience, at least intermediate, would be a huge plus.
- Background in Machine Learning/Deep Learning areas.
- Experience working with Apache Spark Ecosystem of Tools (Spark/Hadoop/Hive).
- Experience with stream processing software, preferably Apache Kafka.
- Familiarity with DC/OS, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes, OpenShift or Docker.
- Experience building data pipelines, from ingestion to delivery (Data Warehousing, Search, Real-time Dashboarding).
- Strong understanding of different storage architectures and their appropriate application.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases.
- Bachelor’s degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering).