Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Working in virtual HR advisory environment, HR Advisers (Business Partners) are the first point of contact for Line Managers and Employees, when HR support is requested, via various channels. Being generalist roles in nature, HR Advisers will receive queries on a variety of topics daily, covering both simple and complex cases. Cases can range from systems support, annual HR exercises, internal resourcing, performance or absence management. They might also include domestic transfers, disability entitlement and advice on vacation entitlement.
Following the initial contact by the Line Manager or Employee, an HR Adviser takes accountability to manage a case from end to end, seeking subject matter expertise from colleagues in HR Operations, or specialist support from HR colleagues sitting in country when appropriate. HR Advisers will determine the flow through of requests from clients and where escalation or further support is needed, to ensure timely delivery. HR Advisers will be the ‘face of HR’ to many of our workforce. HR Advisors are assigned to specific countries (Poland, UK, the Netherlands).
- Responsible for delivering HR advice to employees and line managers; supporting managers with more complex HR-related cases, e.g. Exit/ Redundancy management; local and global Policy guidance; Absence management; Leave, Retirement, Benefits advice
- Partner with line managers on complex HR matters, provide operational as well as tactical HR support. For example, support line managers with performance management to heighten productivity; coach and support managers on team effectiveness strategies/resources
- Provide guidance and practical expertise to Line Managers on policy related issues to ensure the best performance of his/her team and the individuals within it.
- Support / advise the business leaders in reviewing the growth plans / organization structure & partner with the recruitment team to develop and implement resourcing strategies where internal resourcing needs to be supplemented with external hiring
- Collaborate with and support global/local HR Business Partners and Consultants with change initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to: Country-specific organization redesign implementation; business/function ramp-up or demobilization events, requiring cross-HR co-ordination e.g. Talent, Integrated Resourcing and International Mobility.
- Support activities focused on organizational structure, as well as support change management, communication and staff engagement strategies.
- Upon request, provide insight to line managers through analysis of data from available HR Systems.
- Responsible for delivering great employee experience through pro-actively addressing employee and line manager needs.
- Provide coaching and feedback to line managers, equipping line managers to deal with HR related matters correctly.
- Establish strong working relationship with colleagues in country to ensure the team can effectively partner when situation requires.
- At least 3 years of professional HR experience in international dynamic environment,
- University degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or any other related areas would be an advantage,
- Fluent English,
- Strong knowledge of HR Processes and Policies,
- Able to work independently, think strategically and partner with leadership on business /HR initiatives,
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and the ability to rapidly build and maintain trust,
- Ability to facilitate, constructively challenge and influence business leadership on people / HR issues,
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate professionally with partners and support other senior managers and team leaders in specific HR matters,
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with employees at all levels and cultures of the organization
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects