Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Our team is growing, and we're hiring a junior .NET developer to further enhance our delivery. You must be:
– willing to learn technologies and adapt to the organisation
– able to improve older solutions, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test-driven development
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– a good communicator
- familiar with CI/CD principles and DevOps
We're a fast growing team. Krakow is where almost all of our development happens, and we currently have 18 people working there across three teams, with this increasing to 24 people in the next six months. Most people have been in the team for less than one year.
The Krakow team works with Business Analysts and Managers in London and one Manager in New York. The total team size is about 30 people, two thirds of which are in Krakow.
We are responsible for project work and maintenance of a number of different applications for our ‘Credit Risk’ business. We work within the ‘Global Financing Solutions’ business area, which is part of the Investment Bank. Our Risk systems are responsible for managing over $1 trillion of exposure.
Our three teams are as follows. One looking at the project initiatives against the real-time applications. These systems need to react to live trade feeds. Secondly, a team that looks at projects relating to the overnight risk calculations. These stress the open positions against extreme market conditions and determines the worse-case scenarios. Finally, a team looks at the maintenance of the existing suite of applications, responding to projects such as server migrations and decommissioning tasks.
For this role we require someone who has:
– appreciation of good software architecture, data structures and algorithms
– strong knowledge of object oriented design and development and use of design patterns
– solid software development skills in C#.NET
– additional skills in ASP.NET core, asynchronous programming (TPL), Unity and WPF are desirable
– preferably experience with distributed computing patterns and n tier applications
– an interest in financial markets and a constant desire to add value to our company
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.