- Provide subject matter expertise and oversight on Reward Governance and Regulation, ensuring that the appropriate structures, policies and practices are in place across the Region
- Working closely with the country/cluster, regional and global partners to meet business needs, across both EMEA Countries and across all Citi businesses.
- Keeping abreast of regional regulatory issues and evaluating Citi’s Remuneration policies, practices and processes against the continuously evolving remuneration regulatory landscape in the UK, across the EU with an understanding of the US regulator’s requirements.
- This role aims to add significant value by contributing to the shaping of Citi’s remuneration policy, processes and practices to ensure compliance from a remuneration regulatory perspective in the UK and across the EU, while also remaining competitive.
The role reports directly to the Head of Regulatory Remuneration Compensation EMEA and will work in partnership with other team members as required.
- Europe, Middle East and Africa is a diverse region for Citi, this role provides technical, analytical and compliance support, as well as advice to the businesses, working closely through the respective country HR teams and the regional HR team;
- The reach of the role is extensive, both in terms of geographies and businesses covered, and continued analysis is needed to ensure continuous understanding of the risks and opportunities across the region and the development of appropriate solutions.
EMEA Regulatory Compensation
- Evaluating Citi’s remuneration policies and practices against a continuously evolving remuneration regulatory landscape in the UK and across EMEA with an understanding of the US regulator’s requirements.
- Managing complex remuneration/regulatory projects including cross-functional teams.
- Keeping up to date with UK/EMEA remuneration regulatory issues
- Key contact for Remuneration Committees, preparing papers attending meetings, taking minutes.
- Assisting with the implementation of the remuneration regulatory requirements and compliance with the UK/EMEA regulators as necessary whilst maintaining Citi’s Global approach to remuneration regulatory issues
- Key contributor to shaping and application of Citi’s remuneration policy, processes and practices from a UK/EU/EMEA perspective
- Shaping and developing Citi’s reward structures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, maintaining Citi’s global Compensation philosophy and remaining competitive.
- Working closely with the wider reward team and other internal stakeholders i.e. Risk & Compliance, Legal and in particular NY Corporate Compensation Team.
- Training HR colleagues and key stakeholders on practical implementation of remuneration regulatory requirements from a UK/EMEA/US perspective.
- Delivery on annual targets set by HR and Reward & Mobility Management.
- Managing audit responsibilities in connection with regulatory remuneration matters.
- Exposure to diverse markets, cultures and businesses across EMEA region
- Significant opportunities to interact with and guide HRBPs and Country HR within the region in additional to opportunities to work closely with Business Partners
- Significant opportunities to interact with senior management
- Experience of remote management of processes
- Opportunities to work on complex and varied issues at regional level
- Significant growth opportunities within Citi
- Working closely with and attending Remuneration Committees
- Strong knowledge of UK and European remuneration regulations. Knowledge of US regulations a plus
- Proven track record in managing and delivering on key projects
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills. Ability to effectively review internal / external advice and to make appropriate recommendations to senior management ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements whilst taking into account commercial considerations and internal consistency
- First class client handling, stakeholder management and consultancy skills will be vital, given the interaction required with Country HR staff, senior management and multiple businesses across the EMEA region
- Strong project management skills involving multiple stakeholders on a regional / global level
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills with the ability to work successfully both as part of a team and on own initiative, as well as the ability to inspire confidence in others
- Pro-active approach to work-load
- Bachelor degree essential
- Legal/Tax background would be preferable but not essential for those with relevant experience
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
•High level of numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
•Excellent interpersonal, communication, diplomacy and influencing skills
•Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment
•Ability to build strong relationships as a trusted partner and work as part of a team
•Strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization, and ability to work in a complex matrix environment
•High tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and on-going change. Able to work in a complex environment with changing priorities
•‘Process improvement’ mindset to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the services offered
• Resilient under pressure and self-motivated in a fast paced and demanding environment
• Ability and willingness to operate at strategic and practical level
•Values diversity - demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success