Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell Eco-marathon (SEM) is about inspiring STEM careers that can make the future. It has helped to kick-start the careers of engineers, computer scientists, technicians and thousands more – both at Shell and at industry-leading organisations all over the world.
Now approaching its 35th year, the annual SEM competition invites students to design, build and compete in ultra-energy efficient vehicles. The programme provides a platform for young people to get hands-on and academic experience so that they too can be leaders in their chosen STEM careers, and through their stories we hope to encourage more young people to embark on studying STEM subjects.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Global Make the Future Live and Shell Eco-marathon team as a Shell Eco-marathon Participant Communications Lead Advisor. The role will see you helping students through their competition, while identifying opportunities to use the programme to highlight STEM and encourage younger generations to consider STEM as an exciting opportunity for their future careers.
Although primarily working directly with the participants as a source of information, you will also work closely with the SEM Global Brand and Strategy Manager and the Technical Teams to support in bringing SEM to life through stories and data, enabling the programme to achieve the overarching objectives: Business Value; Reputational Impact; Commercial Value; Real-world Impact.
As the Participant Communications Lead Advisor, you will also have responsibility for overseeing the global communications programme for students including an editorial calendar and key communication opportunities throughout the year. Additionally, you will have responsibility for liaising with the other two global SEM participant communication advisors and ensuring all communications meet the global standards.
There are two key areas of the role:
1. Lead Student Liaison for key regional and challenger competition:
• Building and maintaining relationships with Academic institutions and students participating in the programme
• Accountable for the coordination of students through the different phases of the competition, equipping them to succeed by providing relevant information; from initial registration to enter, and through each stage where they are tasked with different levels of requirement in order to make it through to the next.
• Communicate updates to students proactively to build a positive relationship with the teams and Universities taking part, using a communication plan developed collaboratively with Global Brand & Strategy workstream that will see you using different channels including: A bespoke student portal; Global Website; Social Media channels
• Communicate with students reactively; answering questions on email and via social media directly from students, and via community managers who have escalated questions to you
• Alongside other team members, input into, and regularly maintain, a student FAQ document to be shared with Global Brand & Strategy workstreams for community managers to answer known questions
• Coordination of event documents, including handbooks and essential information as well as gathering all necessary signatures for legal documentation to ensure a safe and legally compliant competition
• Allocations of race numbers, paddock locations and all other at-event logistics
• Administration of allowances and prize money distribution
• Administration of all certificates and official communications of awards and prizes
• You will also attend additional events in a supporting role, working with other Shell Eco-marathon Programme Advisors to support teams
2. Global Student Communications and Content Support Lead
• Working with the SEM Brand Manager, deliver a global communications plan for student communications and ensure that this is delivered for all core events globally
• Deliver a global student communications editorial calendar which outlines and identifies key opportunities for communication to students throughout the year.
• Oversee communications activities from across the regions and support other Regional advisors as needed to deliver the integrated global plan.
• Identify and record potential stories from student teams to be used in content and communications - for example interesting stories about the technology teams have used to achieve their goals, or stories that show human endeavour; world firsts or records in the competitions etc.
• Contributing data and information regarding teams to be part of monitoring the programmes’ evolution and success – for example number of teams registering; number of females participating etc
• Submit your own content and storytelling ideas
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a communications agency environment or in a communications team within a large global company
• Bachelor’s degree in a related subject – marketing and communications - is preferred
• Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills
• A flexible and collaborative style, with a naturally consultative approach
• Able to work virtually, across geographies and with culturally diverse stakeholders
• Able to gain the trust and respect of individuals at all levels
• Resilience, agility and positivity
• An interest in the energy transition, climate change, innovation or STEM
• Agency and supplier management is desirable
• Additional expertise in other creative disciplines, such as design, brand, film, photography, digital or social, is desirable.
KEY ER COMPETENCES REQUIRED:
• Business Partnering
• Creating Effective Content
• Brand Development and Management
• Internal Communications
• Project and Vendor Management
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Digital Connections
This role will be part of the Creative Solutions team based in SBO Krakow. Creative Solutions is Shell’s global internal team for the production of creative content, experiential and sponsorship activations. We are responsible for creating a wide range of branded content and events, from delivering our iconic Make the Future festivals around the world to producing world-class integrated campaigns using a mix of film, digital, social, design and print assets
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects