IT Technical Thought Leader
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you effective influencer who can sell their ideas to others? Are you passionate about investigating new technologies and making recommendations to the team? We're looking for technical thought leader to:
• lead a change of approach to software development, embracing the principles of CI/CD and DevOps together with micro services architectures and running containers in the cloud
• help in re-engineering applications with some demanding greenfield development as we go back to requirements capturing (the team is on a journey to move specific applications into Azure over the next two years)
• lead various activities together with support from the senior team leader in Krakow and our managers and analysts in London.
• work on diagrams of how such transitions can be achieved, and be able to discuss these within the team and other management
You’ll be working in a fast growing team in Krakow, where almost all of our development happens. We are responsible for project work and maintenance of a number of different applications for our ‘Credit Risk’ business. We work within the ‘Global Financing Solutions’ business area, which is part of the Investment Bank. Our risk systems are responsible for managing over $1 trillion of exposure.
There are three streams in our team: one looking at the project initiatives against the real-time applications; these systems need to react to live trade feeds. Another stream looks at projects relating to the overnight risk calculations which stress the open positions against extreme market conditions and determines the worse-case scenarios. Finally, the third stream looks at the maintenance of the existing suite of applications, responding to projects such as server migrations and decommissioning tasks.
• strong technical background
• strong analytical approach and be able to understand data flows including ETL concepts, messaging technology or data modelling
• proven experience and a passion for micro services architectures and of running containers in the cloud
• passion for delivering applications that are easily supportable in the PROD environment, with emphasis on effective monitoring and alerting
• experience of working with Kubernetes, Kafka, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats)
• understanding of Agile and willing to embrace CI/CD and DevOps principles
• skills to persuade others to shift behaviors, processes and tools
• experience of working in large organization (financial services industry is nice to have)
• active interest in new technologies and be attending conferences and meetups to gain exposure to these
• experience with micro services architecture and running containers is nice to have
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.