Java Developer- internship
Job Reference #
Do you know how to build robust and scalable systems in Java? Are you an innovative problem solver? We’re looking for someone like that who:
Is clever and knows Java
• be a member of a Scrum team
• deliver real business value by building robust and scalable core Java server systems
• devise high level technical architecture for the epics
• learn to be technical leader
• develop high quality, automatically tested code, leading by example
• review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfils the expected level of quality
• deliver L3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You’ll be working in a global team that develops and maintains a suite of applications that comprise a Collateral Management and Reporting system in Group Operations IT. The system is used for the calculation of margin of OTC Derivative, Repo, Financing and FX products. It is a cross-product system that assimilates data from across the bank, representing over half of the banks traded products. Members of this team work closely with Global Collateral Management, as well as traders from all business areas, trade support and business development analysts to provide global solutions for varied business requirements. The system is the basis of the next-generation margin management system. Technologies/Tools used: Java 8 SE, JMS, Hibernate, Junit, Mockito, REST, Spring, ReactJs. Git/GitHub, Maven, JIRA, TeamCity
• Minimum 1.5 years developing software utilizing Java (including studies)
• Understanding of core Java concepts
• Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
• Experience in performing and receiving peer reviews of source code
• Organizational and quality assurance skills
• a team player
• committed to excellence
• someone who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
• good English speaker
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.