Citi is a leading global bank, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer.
Citi Solutions Center (CSC) is an initiative to establish a network of service centers providing high quality services to other entities operating within the CitiGroup.
The successful Candidate will work in Citi's Internal Audit, a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Our Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role supports the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
The candidate will be a member of the IA Equities and Securities Services team in Warsaw. As a member of the Equities and Securities Services audit team, the individual will work on the delivery of audit tasks and to build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships. In this role, the individual will be expected to leverage the product/functional expertise of the Global IA team and be execution focused. The candidate may be expected to travel. This position will be based in Warsaw.
Citigroup’s Equities Securities Services is a best-in-class franchise which provides investors with a broad trading and execution capabilities for electronic and complex structured products, financing and hedging solutions, clearing, custody and funds services.
- Execute a robust Audit Plan, by audit entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Perform audits in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit issues, presenting issues to the audit lead and discussing practical solutions.
- Deliver on time high quality Internal Audit test documentation, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as supporting business monitoring.
- Participate in the execution and reporting of audits performed through pro-active engagement with stakeholders.
- Assist in developing the audit universe for the areas experienced, ensuring insightful and current risk assessment on an ongoing basis through business monitoring.
- Ensure that potential issues are raised promptly and collaboratively to IA and business management with a view to identifying the most viable, pragmatic and sustainable conclusion to mitigate the risk.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key Equities and Securities Services supervisors as well as local business and supporting contacts
- Gain knowledge and keep abreast of industry developments, new laws, rules, products, technologies and applications and considers implications for the business and audit universe and plan.
- Use excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrate strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing a succession of high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional qualification (Finance, Risk Management or similar professional Audit qualification) preferred.
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, or similar) are a plus.
- Knowledge of financial markets with a broad understanding of Equities and Securities Services businesses and associated risks.
- Experience in auditing financial services organizations and in particular securities services businesses is preferred
- Possess data analysis and/or technical skills to analyze data utilizing automated tools and help identify problems would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Office functions with advanced Excel, Access & Visio skills to perform data analysis/test automated controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Good organizational and communication skills and ability to work proactively.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
What's in it for you?
- Professional development in an international role which provides a regular exposure to auditing activities in numerous countries within EMEA region.
- Senior Management exposure - Managing senior Citi Stakeholders.
- An enjoyable and challenging learning path which leads to a deep understanding of Citi’s services across various businesses in EMEA.
- Working on international projects, in an international and dynamic environment as well as learning the top quality organizational culture.
- Competitive social benefits (medical care, Multisport, life insurance, great pension plan, holiday allowance, flexible working schedule and other).