The Business Support Unit is an AML/KYC support/control function within the Institutional Clients Group responsible for the preparation, development, due diligence and approval of the electronic KYC Record and supporting appendices in partnership with Relationship Management and Compliance teams.
The successful candidate will have direct responsibility for the day to day operation of a local team supporting in excess of 20 countries ensuring that all operational activities completed to support these countries are done to a high standard.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the on-going development of staff within the teams including Managers, Team Leaders and associated ops manager(s).
The successful candidate will play a central role in the local leadership team, reporting direct to the BSU Olsztyn Head and will act as back up to them for assigned populations.
The candidate will be tasked with representing the Dublin office on global KYC BSU projects / quality /performance initiatives.
This role will require the successful candidate to assist with coordination and promotion of continuous improvement of procedures, processes and standards across the operation to achieve high levels of customer service, cost-effectiveness and maximum efficiency.
- Act as KYC BSU Contact point for CEE on assigned populations with the possibility of scope being expanded at a later date to manage key regional post implementation populations for the EMEA region.
- Manage Team of 30+ staff supporting 20+ countries in accordance with globally consistent KYC BSU standards.
- Manage the Managers/Team Leads.
- Point of escalation for Case Managers and Senior Case Managers to Relationship Management team and Compliance within cluster / region.
- Achieve operational goals set, and deliver against agreed targets in terms of quality and productivity.
- Assist BSU Regional Lead in maintaining a workforce with capability to execute flawlessly
- Act as project lead for Olsztyn office for Global KYC BSU projects / quality initiatives as required
- Ensure knowledgeable staff and continuous development plans in place for Team(s)
- Ensure transparent and open people management culture within team(s)
- Effectively maintain a highly efficient process environment
- Ensure that the key processing controls are maintained by team(s) within pre-requisite standards.
- Oversight for the Pending Business ensuring adequate plans in place to address in line with standards
- Oversight for the timely and accurate MIS reporting of processing / escalation metrics
- Assist with capacity planning / forecasting for team as required
- Assist with coordination of periodic quality testing as required (MCA, CER, PEER reviews).
- Assist with the preparation for audits– both internal and external regulatory reviews.
- Lead and manage assigned corrective action plans to closure ensuring all remediation carried out fully within strict deadlines.
- Assist with department projects / initiatives as requested.
- 5+ years’ experience in people management
- 5+ years’ experience in banking or finance (an advantage)
- Experience in control/risk or Compliance (AML/KYC) function (an advantage)
- Knowledge and experience of the technologies and processes used in Citi
- Knowledge of AML policies and regulatory requirements
- Considerable experience of dealing with management in a multi-function environment
- Demonstrate ability to Lead and Motivate individuals within a pressurized environment
- Excellent Leadership and Motivational skills
- Natural charisma in people management process
- Ability to breakdown silos and work as a team player putting department objectives 1st over any single team
- Strong influencing skills to work as a partner across peers and achieve department objectives whilst maintaining a positive and professional environment at all times
- Excellent workflow management skills / experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior planning & organising skills
- Innovation and change management implementation
- Process re-engineering and improvement and ability to drive and influence inside and outside of own section
- Proficient use of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Project Management Skills