Senior Java Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you keen on applying your craftsmanship skills like TDD / Continuous Delivery / Pair Programming to solve complex business challenges? Do you like work in a dynamic agile environment as part of highly qualified cross functional team?
We’re looking for software engineers to:
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• analyze business requirements for the Securities Operations in Investment Bank
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
You’ll be working in the Securities and Derivatives stream, as part of the Technology division in Krakow. We provide challenging and demanding work environment in a friendly supportive teams of software engineers. As a Software Engineer, you’ll play a key role in building new generation post trade processing platform widely used across Investment Bank division, processing millions of business events a day happening across US / EMEA / APAC regions.
Our teams are the definition of agile in UBS Technology.
- We put all out passion and focus on achieving results, rather than playing bureaucracy games.
- We are not "just writing code", we provide a front to back solutions for business, by the best application of technologies.
- We are engineers, we automate everything to ensure smooth and continuous delivery of the product
- We are building a product that is used and plays a significant role in company business
- We like what we are doing and always glad to share knowledge and improve each other
• understanding of core data structures and algorithms
• know-how to apply TDD and Continuous Delivery tools for application development
• able to code in Java and have good understanding of how relational databases work
• produce secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
• software engineer focused on building event driven micro services applications
• design, plan and deliver solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.