IT System Engineer - GitHub, Jenkins/TeamCity and Nexus Pro
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
As a member of the engineering team you will:
• Closely work with operation, support and product manager to ensure system stability and customer satisfaction
• Improve system monitoring and toning to ensure high availability, performance, scalability and traceability
• Improve integration with other IT4IT tools
• Improve degree of automation for repetitive tasks and reporting
• Evaluate, assess and propose 3rd party add-ons as requested by stakeholders
• Contribute and coordinate release upgrades and extensions
• Plan source code and build migrations from one system to another.
• Integrate and document provided solutions
• Analyze root-causes in case of incidents and provide solutions for solving the problem
• Support technical concepts, effort estimations and feasibility studies
• Share best practices with colleagues
ECS provides all the tools needed within IT to do their core business - the development and lifecycle management of software (Demand- & Portfolio Management, Project Management, Analysis and Design, Implementation, Build, Testing and others).
As part of the ECS platform engineering team you will be working in the roles of a CI engineer for GitHub, Jenkins/TeamCity and Nexus Pro along the application lifecycle in the domains of analysis & design, integration, build, testing, documentation, maintenance and decommissioning.
You will work closely together with your colleagues in the Product Management as well as with worldwide distributed customers and support teams.
• Passionate of DevOps with good vision and knowledge of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
• 5+ years of experience as GitHub / TeamCity / Nexus Pro system administrator or system Integrator
• Excellent knowledge of RedHat Linux and Solaris x86 UNIX with strong scripting skills
• Strong background regarding CI build chain, good understanding of the development and build process especially for Java and dotNet, and strong expertise in build automation tools such as Maven and Gradle
• Good understanding on utilizing software inventory tools to ensure correct component hierarchies, ownership and access control in an large-scale enterprise environment
• Good teamwork
• Excellent social skills – being able working directly with stakeholders and customers
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage diverse and challenging workload effectively in a highly demanding environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.