Manual QA Engineer - Know Your Customer (Client Lifecycle Management)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a self-starter? Are you known for hitting deadlines and staying on top of delivery?
We are looking for someone like this to:
- to be responsible for ensuring that delivery adheres to the UBS Testing Standards: that all changes have sufficient test coverage, with documented test cases and that those test cases are executed and defects fixed.
- work as part of a team, helping to ensure that all User Stories have well-documented User Acceptance Criteria, and that those tests are executed within the iteration cycle.
- demonstrate an ability to learn new business and technical concepts quickly.
- be comfortable working and collaborating as part of a global distributed team, but will also show individual initiative and an ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution.
- has an excellent attention to detail and will be prepared to push for quality when delivery pressures are high
Client Lifecycle Management team is part of the IB Operations function within Group Technology in UBS and is dedicated to providing data that is a critical enabler to the various businesses and logistics functions across the Bank, providing a central source of high quality reference data (including Client, Account, SSI, Instrument, Issuer, Pricing, Book, Product and Calendar) to those functions within the UBS Group.
You'll be Manual QA Test Engineer working with a global team on fast paced high profile multiyear application rollout, delivering substantial improvement across the Investment Bank for 'Know Your Client (KYC)' and client due diligence activities.
- experience in Functional test planning and execution
- experience in System, System integration and regression test planning and execution
- experience in requirements analysis
- experience in test cases creation based on the best practices and using various test design techniques
- good understanding of defect lifecycle and defects management process
- good knowledge of testing theory
- SQL basic knowledge
- exposure to test management tools (e.g. JIRA, Quality Centre)
- working collaboratively with other teams during test preparation and execution activities
- proactive investigating and debugging of application defects
- producing clear and concise reports during the lifecycle
- ability to communicate concise ideas and solutions to non-technical stakeholders
- good communication skills (oral and written)
- fluent English
Nice to have skills (but not essential):
- exposure to Fenergo v8
- ISTQB Foundation Level certificate or higher
- experience in using POSTMAN, SOAP UI
- experienced in Banking & Financial Markets
- experienced in working with globally distributed teams
- experienced in Agile project methodology and practices
- an analytical troubleshooter with attention to detail
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.