C++ Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do You know how to build financial applications?
Do You have a lot of experience in C++?
Are you an innovative problem solver?
We’re looking for someone like that who will:
• join our Scrum team in Krakow
• deliver real business value by building robust C++ code
• participate in technical design for the epics
• provide technical leadership and mentor junior colleagues
• develop high quality, automatically tested code, leading by example
• review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfils the expected level of quality
• explore the world of financial and collateral trading
• deliver L3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You’ll be working in a global team that develops and maintains a suite of applications that comprise a Collateral Management and Reporting system in Group Operations IT. The system is used for the calculation of margin of OTC Derivative, Repo, Financing and FX products. It is a cross-product system that assimilates data from across the bank, representing over half of the banks traded products. Members of this team work closely with Global Collateral Management, as well as traders from all business areas, trade support and business development analysts to provide global solutions for varied business requirements. The system is the basis of the next-generation margin management system.
• minimum 3 years developing software utilizing C++ programming language
• solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills
• good knowledge of C++ programming language (version 03 at least)
• practical skills in writing unit tests (CppUnit, alternatively knowledge in GTest would be great)
• solid knowledge of SQL
• knowledge of building tools: Makefiles, experience in building
• experience with Unix command line interface (Solaris / Linux)
Nice to have:
• familiar with the setup of CI (one of the two TeamCity or Hudson)
• hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum (Scrum Master certification)
• financial sector background – experience in working with trading applications (Trade Lifecycle & Collateral Management)
• basic knowledge of Java programming language and JNI interface
• experience in support role
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.