The Model/Anlys/Valid Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Develops, enhances, and validates the methods of measuring and analyzing risk, for all risk types including market, credit and operational. This includes defining market data sources, collecting data, validating data, and developing data cleansing logic. The work will mainly consist of historical time-series collection, analysis, develop and enhance the methodology for data spike/staleness/outlier detection, validity checking, and data cleaning. Once potential data exceptions are detected, validate if they are true data quality issues through alternative sources (other data providers, or internal trading business risk managers, etc). Based on findings, take appropriate actions for these “exceptions”.
- Produces analytics and reporting used to manage risk for Citi's operations.
- Translates operational requests from the business into programming and data criteria and conduct systems and operational research in order to model expected results.
- Assists in the development of analytic engines for business product lines.
- Communicates results to diverse audiences.
- Conducts analysis and packages it into detailed technical documentation report for validation purposes sufficient to meet regulatory guidelines and exceed industry standards.
- Participates on teams to solve business problems.
- Provides guidance to junior validators as and when necessary.
- Represents the bank in interactions with regulatory agencies, as required.
- Contributes to strategic, cross-functional initiatives within the model risk organization.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 4+ years experience in financial service industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time .
- Practical experience using SAS or similar statistical coding software to build and test prediction models. comfortable interfacing with business clients. proficiency handling very large data sets.
- Experience in a quantitative role in risk management at a financial institution with experience in either model development or validation.
- Good knowledge and understanding of a variety of model development and validation testing techniques covering risk models.
- Master or higher degree is strongly preferred, with an excellent academic record in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, physics, statistics, etc.
- Opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companie
- Access to the latest technologies and tools
- Opportunity to learn through participation in various projects and cross training
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
- High exposure coming from direct cooperation with senior management