The Securities & Derivatives Rep 5 is an entry level position responsible for processing orders and transactions originating from trading desks and branch offices in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the clearance, settlement and investigation of client securities and derivatives transactions.
- Identify and implement process improves of the securities and derivatives settlement process using data analysis tools and methodologies
- Complete operational tasks focused on administering defined procedures, analyses and report preparation
- Analyze data and make recommendations for the launch of new products and services or upgraded platforms
- Minimize risk to the bank by monitoring errors and suggesting solutions that reduce errors, and ensure adherence to audit and control policies
- Identify policy gaps and propose efforts to streamline the securities and derivatives settlement processes
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate processes and data to ensure the accuracy and quality of completed settlement tasks
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of how the team collaborates with other areas in accomplishing assigned tasks
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Fundamental knowledge of securities/derivatives activities, policies, procedures, and concepts
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Access to the latest technologies and tools
- Opportunity to learn through participation in various projects and cross training
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
- High exposure coming from direct cooperation with senior management
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.