Java Software Engineer – Digital Ledger Technology
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing new systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate?
Do you want to help develop a new, DLT based platform and build Tokenisation services? Are you interested to learn and explore the future of banking services? Do you take pride in the quality of software delivered for each development iteration?
We’re looking for someone like that to join us and:
• be a part of a high-performing team on a high-profile, innovative project.
• solve challenging problems in elegant way
• master state-of-the-art technologies and a complex business domain.
• build the highly responsive and fast updating application in Agile & Lean environment
• apply best development practices and effectively utilize technologies
• work across full delivery cycle to ensure high quality delivery
• write high quality code and adhere to coding standards
• work collaboratively with a team of technologists and closely cooperate with the business
• be a change agent and promote DLT solutions via live demos and building PoCs
Digital Platforms Technology department in Poland contains multiple teams (60+ people) looking after modern applications within Investment Banking space. That includes Datastreaming & AI platform, UBS Neo, integration with Symphony collaboration platform, tools optimizing engineering productivity and a newly formed Tokenisation team building DLT solutions.
• expertise in fundamentals of computing science including data structures and algorithms.
• expertise in Java 8 with knowledge of low-level parts of API like collections, multi-threading, Java concurrency utilities, IO/NIO and Sockets.
• experience with NoSql databases (Cassandra, Neo4j, Redis) and understanding of different types.
• clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability.
• fluency in design patterns and refactoring techniques.
• fluency in Java unit testing / testing frameworks (JUnit / JMock / EasyMock / JMockit etc).
• fluency in application servers (Apache, Tomcat) and relational databases (Oracle, Sybase or SQL Server).
• experience with RESTful web services and messaging systems.
• knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc)
You may have:
• experience in BDD
• experience in developing solidity distributed apps
• experience in other distributed ledger technologies
• focused on quality
• an excellent communicator
• aware of on-going technology trends and know pragmatically leverage their benefits
• quick learner
• comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.