The IT Application Coordinator is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- The IT Application Coordinator provides technical and business support for users of Citi Applications. This includes providing quick resolutions to app issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
- Develop and maintain project support documentation.
- Identifies ways to maximize the potential of the applications used
- Assess risk and impact of development & production issues and escalate to business and technology management in a timely manner.
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives for complex application enhancements and problem resolution
- Reviews and develops application contingency planning to ensure availability to users.
- Partners with appropriate development and production support areas to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Engages in post implementation analysis to ensure successful system design and functionality.
- Considers implications of the application of technology to the current environment. Identifies risks, vulnerabilities and security issues; communicates impact.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and helps to define operating standards and processes.
- Act as a liaison between users/business groups/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
- Expected to be able to raise problems to appropriate technology and business teams, while adhering to Service Level Agreements.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams.
- Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations and adhering to Citi Policy
- 2+ years’ experience in an Application Support role.
- Experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications.
- Experience with some programming languages and willingness/ability to learn.
- Advanced execution capabilities and ability to adjust quickly to changes and re-prioritization
- Effective written and verbal communications including ability to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can understand.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Issue tracking and Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholder
- Good all-round technical skill, including some below:
- UNIX (Linux)
- Oracle SQL
- UNIX Scripting
- Knowledge about J2EE web application setup/deployment
- Scheduling systems like Autosys.
- Auto Deployment tool setup/configuration like IBM Udeploy (preferred)
- XML knowledge (preferred not mandatory)
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
- Opportunity for professional development in the international and multicultural organization
- Developing opportunities and challenging assignments
- Attractive and stable employment conditions
- Social benefits (medical care, Benefit System, life insurance, pension scheme)
- Flexible working hours
- Partial Remote work possible