Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
We are currently looking for a Senior Tax Admin Specialist to join our Indirect Tax Admin Team. The main responsibility of the team is to ensure appropriate system tax settings in the complex ERPs for Shell companies in scope and by doing so, working closely together with various local, regional and global teams. The Tax Admin Team also provides management information and ad hoc reports related to project delivery. The main responsibility of the team is to ensure appropriate system tax settings in the complex ERPs for Shell companies in scope and by doing so working closely together with various local, regional and global teams.
The post holder will be accountable for timely solution of queries raised to the Tax Admin Team and for supporting other tax teams as required. This is a critical position with strong emphasis on delivering results on time and accurately, maintaining good relationships with End Users and Tax Advisors, dealing with complex queries and large volumes of information.
- Proactively engage with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the TAX team
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility
- Coach and support members of the team and End Users.
- Effectively manage interfaces with Finance Operations (FO) and non FO stakeholders, build end to end perspective.
- Participating in various user and support networks to share best practices and experiences.
- Manage information with the business and FO Tax to achieve professional level of knowledge and compliance about global Tax processes.
- Gain expertise knowledge and act as focal point on issues for TAX process.
- Prepare high standard data analysis on request.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for projects, initiate and lead process improvements.
- Manage user acceptance testing, implementation, Hypercare and stabilization efforts, system retrofits and other future deployment activities.
- Co-ordinate/support for tax audits as well as support for resolving all audit queries.
- Ensure all tax related settings in ERP systems are performed in high quality
- Working within the Integrated Support Model and liaising with IT to resolve incidents, timely escalation of tickets.
- Coordinate correction of tax errors and monitor follow up action to minimize the likelihood of similar errors in the future.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Previous experience in processes support, process orientation and process management.
- Good knowledge about Excel.
- Good working knowledge of Word and MS Outlook
- Very good English skills.
- In-depth knowledge of standard SAP processes. Other ERP experience will be considered.
- Ability to work in a global, complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Communication, coaching, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to research and resolve complex data integrity problems
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities for optimization, streamlining processes and achieving greater organizational efficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure, working to tight deadlines and juggling a number of different items.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects